My vacation to Tokyo, Japan, was one of the best trips of my life. I fully immersed myself in planning the trip by watching countless YouTube videos, reading several travel blogs, browsing through multiple Pinterest pins, and chatting with friends who have visited before.
Hopefully this itinerary can save you some time if you’re ever planning a future trip to Tokyo and want to see the highlights!
Day Two: Tokyo DisneySea and Ikspiari
Of the two Disney Parks, Tokyo DisneySea is the one you will want to spend more time at. There is no other theme park like it in the world.
- If you’re a big fan of The Little Mermaid, head straight to Mermaid Lagoon. There are so many photo opportunities within Ariel’s Playground, including a statue of Prince Eric that you can swoon over! This is also the themed land where you can find unique Ariel merchandise.
- The other themed land we really enjoyed was the Arabian Coast inspired by Aladdin. We rode the Caravan Carousel and Sinbad’s Storybook Voyage, both of which we thought were incredible!
- Other unique attractions include Journey to the Center of the Earth (don’t wait longer than an hour for it – the queue is painful, and the ride only lasts a couple minutes), the Venetian Gondolas (LOVED this), and Tokyo’s version of Tower of Terror.
- Snack on the Little Green Men Mochi Dumplings, which are filled with chocolate, strawberry, and custard creams. Besides being super delicious, you can also find picture opportunities to pose with them over by the Toy Story Mania! attraction.
- Once again, stock up on merchandise if you can! It is so worth it!
If you have time later that evening, we recommend taking the monorail to Ikspiari, a.k.a. Tokyo’s version of Disney Springs/Downton Disney. You’ll find a lot of dining options there and a Disney Store that carries cute and inexpensive Disney merchandise that makes for the perfect, small souvenir or gift to bring home. (Hint: If you are a Cast Member, your Cast Discount works at this store!)
If you are planning a trip to Japan, feel free to reach out with any questions! I’m happy to help with transportation logistics, budgeting tips, or detailed reviews of these travel highlights!