My vacation to Tokyo, Japan, was one of the best trips of my life. I fully immersed myself in planning the trip by watching countless YouTube videos, reading several travel blogs, browsing through multiple Pinterest pins, and chatting with friends who have visited before.
Hopefully this itinerary can save you some time if you’re ever planning a future trip to Tokyo and want to see the highlights!
Day One: Tokyo Disneyland
Of the two Tokyo Disneyland Parks, most guests will tell you that Tokyo DisneySea is the more exciting and unique park; that’s why we started our first day at Tokyo Disneyland while we were still jet-lagged! If you’ve ever been to Walt Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in California, you’ll find that there are many similar attractions at Tokyo Disneyland. Our goal was to really embrace what makes this theme park different than its sister parks!
- Take a photo in front of Cinderella Castle. Explore Cinderella’s Fairytale Hall inside the castle for interesting artwork and more unique photo opportunities.
- Take a photo in front of the teapot vending machines. Then eat lunch at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall for the most kawaii Alice in Wonderland food and immersive atmosphere ever!
- Try one of the many flavored popcorns. We ate the honey-flavored popcorn over by Pooh’s Hunny Hunt, and it was delicious! Ride the attraction while you’re there – it is a trackless ride system!
- Other unique attractions include Tokyo’s version of it’s a small world and Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek!
- If there’s a seasonal parade or show, I highly recommend watching it. We visited around Easter and loved the Usatama on the Run! parade.
- Load up on the fantastic merchandise that’s unique to Tokyo Disneyland. You will bring home the best souvenirs from your trip!
If you are planning a trip to Japan, feel free to reach out with any questions! I’m happy to help with transportation logistics, budgeting tips, or detailed reviews of these travel highlights!